Global MyData Action WorkshopSign-up to this workshop in advance!
Room HENRIK in Kultuuritalo
The goal of this practical workshop is to produce a guide and/or a roadmap of how to launch and develop local MyData initiatives:
- What types of initiatives exist already, what are their similarities and differences?
- What issues, difficulties and questions do such projects typically face, and how have others answered or overcome them?
- Are there sets of “do’s” and “don’ts” that all such projects should be aware of?
- What could be typical success indicators, tools, steps to be shared?
- How to ensure fair sharing of value in such projects?
Building on top of the previous global MyData/PIMS network meetings (Brussels-2015, Paris, Helsinki & London-2016, Berlin-2017), this workshop aims towards learning from practical experience, while also exploring what local groups expect from a common network or organisation, and how they can contribute.
- Morning (10:30 - 12:00)
- “Local initiatives” survey results.
- “Early initiative” presentations:
- “Starting initiative” pitches from pre-registered interest (add in comments to Workshop registration).
- Groupwork on typical issues faced by starting initiatives?
- Lunch (12:00 - 13:00)
- Reprise (13:00 - 14:45)
- Groupwork discussions, feedback, wrap-up